Due to the fact that we are dealing with very young athletes in this league, the coaches will be both refereeing and coaching at the same time. Coaches, parents and spectators should remember that our goals are purely to help the kids improve their basketball skills and develop a love for the game. Winning is not our primary concern. Any displays of unsportsmanlike behavior from players, parents, coaches or spectators is absolutely unacceptable at this age level, and will result in ejection from the game and/or facility.
Coaches with sufficient numbers of players will form 2 equal groups from their team. One group will play the first game, the next group will play the second.
The games will consist of two 10 minute halves, running clock.
• Ball is to be “checked” at the top of the key after every change of possession.
• The ball must be passed in from the check, it cannot be dribbled or shot.
• Defenders may only steal the ball on a pass, it cannot be stolen off the dribble or out of the hand.
• Clock only stops for Free Throws and Time outs.
• Each Coach gets one time out per Quarter.
• The player defending the person passing the ball in from the top of the key, must play at least 3 feet back until the ball has been passed the first time.
• Only shooting fowls committed in the last 2 minutes of the quarter will result in shooting Free Throws. All the rest will just be checked at the top of the key.
Newport Parks and Recreation - Sports - (541)-574-5453