Men’s League Rules 2010
Modified NCAA Rules
Standard NCAA Rules will be followed with the following exceptions:
• Games will consist of 2, 20-minute stop-clock halves.
• An approximate 35 second Shot clock will be in effect. Since there is no physical shot clock in the facility, the referees will be responsible for keeping track of the shot clock. Once 30 seconds has elapsed the ref will give and audible warning. If the team does not shoot within five seconds of the warning it will be treated as a shot clock violation.
• The home team must provide someone to keep the scorebook, the visiting team must provide someone to keep the scoreboard. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the game.
• Rules regarding player conduct will be strictly enforced. (absolutely no bad language, fighting, taunting or disrespect).
• Players who are ejected from a game are automatically banned from the next game.
• Players will also be banned for one game following their 3rd total technical foul of the season. Technical fouls from the regular season will not carry over to the playoffs, but suspensions will. Ex. If a player committed his 3rd technical foul on the last league game, he would be suspended for the first game of the play-offs.
• Players can be banned from the league at the discretion of the Newport Parks and Recreation Department, even if the action in question was not seen by the referee. (No refund will be awarded to players removed for disciplinary reasons.)
• The referee’s decision is final. (remember our refs may, or may not, be OSAA certified. They are here to support the league, Without them there will be no league!)
• Any player wishing to play in the tournament must have played at least 4 games with that team before the tournament begins. Players may sit on the bench and count that game towards the 4 required to play in the playoffs.
• Players are limited to playing with one team per season.
• Due to the family nature of the facility, fans will also be asked to leave if they display bad language, disrespect, or any other actions that may set a bad example for any children present.
• Teams may be held accountable for the actions of their fans.
Newport Parks and Recreation - Sports - (541)-574-5453