Lincoln County Middle School Basketball League Rules
If something is not specifically stated assume standard OSAA rules are to be followed:
- Games Consist of 4, 8-minute quarters stopclock
- Teams are divided by grade in school.
- 7th graders may play on 8th grade teams, but 8th graders may not play on 7th grade teams.
- Areas who only have one team that contains both 7th and 8th graders must play in the 8th grade division.
- Players may swing between the age groups, but the 5-quarter rule will be enforced. Therefore, if a 7th grader played in all 4 quarters of the game with the 7th grade team, he could stay and play in the 8th grade game that night, but could only play in one quarter.
- If an area has more than one team at any age group, the teams must be split as equally as possible.
- During the regular season, playing time must be distributed equally among the players unless a player is being deliberately held out of the game for a breach of team rules. If this is the case, the coach must inform the other coach and the bookkeeper that this is the reason for this player not getting in the game. The bookkeeper should note this in the book.
- If a player receives a technical foul, they will be automatically sent to the bench until a minimum of 2 minutes have elapsed from the game clock.
- During the tournament, playing time may be distributed however the coach chooses.
- A player may only play on one team during the tournament, even if they swung between two teams during the regular season.